People who are not familiar with car rental Singapore providers would easily fall for the 6 common stereotypes. Because these stereotypes are so widespread, the things you’ve heard about car rental in Singapore might be true. But, don’t forget that these are just stereotypes.
Here are 6 common stereotypes when it comes to renting a vehicle, especially if it’s done in Singapore:
1) The prices of car rentals in Singapore is very expensive.
2) Car rentals available in the airport will cost an arm and a leg. It’s even more expensive than renting one outside of the airport because they charge extra fees for picking up or dropping off the car at the airport.
3) You need to pay for gas when you rent a car in Singapore (most people think this is true).
4) There are no cars available for rent during special holidays like Chinese New Year, Christmas, or Diwali (Hindu Festival).
5) Cars rented in Singapore are not safe and prone to accidents because they’re not maintained properly by the company.
6) All car rental companies in Singapore are the same, so you might as well just go with the first one you find.
While some of these stereotypes may be valid, others may not be. It’s important to do your own research before making a decision on whether or not to rent a car in Singapore. You should also compare prices between different companies before settling on one.
In general, car rental Singapore is expensive but there are ways save money. For example, renting a car in Singapore during the weekdays (Monday to Thursday) is usually cheaper than on Friday to Sunday. So, if you’re planning on renting a car during your stay in Singapore, try to do so during the weekdays.
Secondly, you do not have to pay for every car rental in Singapore of gasoline, but yes, you need to top up if your car runs out of fuel. Singapore’s fuel prices are usually more expensive than in neighbouring countries. However, this is standard fare all over the world so it shouldn’t really be a big deal. Car rental companies in Singapore do offer different services and packages, so be sure to keep an eye out for an appropriate package that meets your needs.
During the holiday seasons and festive periods, there are actually lots of cars available for rent in Singapore during Chinese New Year, Christmas and Diwali thanks to high demand. Most companies get additional vehicles just for these occasions so that they are able to meet customer needs. Furthermore, do rest assure that car rentals in Singapore are safe because there are stringent rules set by the government regarding their upkeep and maintenance service schedule which all regular customers must comply with or risk being fined.
All car rental companies in Singapore are not the same, so you do not necessarily have to go with the first company you find. You can compare prices and options between different companies before making a decision. Enjoy your car rides and have a safe journey!