You love your vehicle and want to take care of the same. Taking care of the car is not a hard job if you are strategic about it. You have to follow a routine and ensure the car is in the top possible condition. But most teens do not know how to maintain their new vehicle and think cleaning the car is a chore. When it comes to the maintenance of a car, multiple things come into play. Be sure to take your car to the service center every couple of months to have the expert check your vehicle. Continue reading to learn valuable tips to take care of your car.
The Parking Spot: Where you park your car is important. If you park your vehicle for a longer period, you might want to do it in a shady place. Parking the car in harsh sunlight for a long may lead to discoloration of the paint. You will not like your new car to look faded or old just because you left it out in the sun for a more extended period.
- Do not park the car under a tree, as the sap from the tree may ruin the exterior.
- In winter, trees accumulate snow. If a branch breaks down and falls on the top of the car, it will wreck the vehicle.
- Do not park your vehicle on a handicapped spot. You may think you will be quick to return, and no one will notice that you have parked in the handicapped spot. But, in doing so, your car may be towed.
Keep It Clean: Keeping the car clean is essential. How would you feel if you got inside the car of your friend, and found it disgusting? You see old packs of Cheetos on the back seat, half-eaten burgers sitting on the vehicle’s dashboard, accumulating fungus. You find fries everywhere. It is not uncommon when most teens do not even know how to clean car interior. That is why the inside of the car looks a mess, and it stinks so bad.
- Clean the exterior with soap and water. Close all the windows tightly before you pour water on the car front. You may also take the car to a servicing center to polish the car once in a while. It will look brand new once you service the vehicle.
- Clean the interior at least once a week
- Have a no-food-inside-the-car policy. Ask your friends to take the food out of the car, and once they are finished eating, they can come in.
- Get a car freshener that will help smell the inside of the car fresh and light.
Service Center: You cannot do things all by yourself. It is better to take the vehicle to the service center. They can check the tire pressure, change the oil and align the tire if needed. Many service centers provide you with offers that let you have multiple services done for less. If you want to boost the car’s resale value, it is essential to maintain regular car servicing.